Moved Mountains

Banner - Mt Trio, Stirling Range National Park, Western Australia - (c) 2007

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Babylonian Tablet Confirms OT History

I found a reference to this article on Matt Stone's blog (Journeys in Between).

It talks about a Babylonian cuneiform tablet dating back around 2500 years on which is inscribed the name of the Chief eunuch of Nebuchadnezzar II, king of Babylon.

What makes the find so interesting is that the same guy - the chief eunuch - is also mentioned by name in the OT book of Jeremiah.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Incredible find!

The Creature said...

Yeah - I love stuff like this. It doesn't "prove" anything but it certainly adds weight.

Do you get the Tony Robinson show "Time Team" in the US? It's one of my favourites, when I get to watch it. It's kinda archaeological reality TV - a team of British archaeologists digging up parts of England based on hunches and legend etc. to see what they can find.

:)

Anonymous said...

I don't get it that I know of. I've never heard of it anyway.