Moved Mountains

Banner - Mt Trio, Stirling Range National Park, Western Australia - (c) 2007

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Coffee in the Arvo Mark II

Our attempt at Binningup to create a "proximity space" is happening again this weekend; our second "Coffee in the Arvo" cafe afternoon at the community hall.

The last one was a bit of a success - we got a good turn out from the community and got to meet some new people, who hopefully, will be coming back.

I think I have ruined the coffee though - the people we hired the coffee machine from oversold us coffee the last time, which meant I had a heap left over. When I had my cafe I never had enough coffee left over to have to worry about storing it ground, so I wasn't sure what to do with it. The guys we bought it from said to just keep it in the fringe (of course they wouldn't take it back) - however it's in a brown paper bag and, judging from the lack of that rich aroma freshly ground coffee has, I think it has gone stale! It cost me 30 bucks a kilo and I have nearly 2 kilos left, so I am pretty annoyed about this.

Will post the outcome of Sunday afternoon's cafe, if your in the vicinity, feel free to drop in - 4pm till whenever at the Binningup Community Hall.

No comments: