Moved Mountains

Banner - Mt Trio, Stirling Range National Park, Western Australia - (c) 2007

Friday, January 12, 2007

Blogger Archives and Daylight Savings

Since the calendar ticked over to 2007 last week (or was it the week before), my blogs archive list (over there in the sidebar) refused to show January 2007. For some reason it showed 2006 twice and added the latest posts to a second December.

I contacted Blogger for some help when I first noticed it in the first day or two of the New Year, but still haven't received any suggestions.

Today, however, it dawned on me - maybe it has something to do with my daylight savings settings - Western Australia began daylight savings for the first time in December - and so set my time zone in the Blogger back office to +9 UT instead of +8. And whatdayaknow! It worked. The archive function has been restored.

It's amazing the difference a little thing like time zones can make to software functionality.

No comments: