Moved Mountains

Banner - Mt Trio, Stirling Range National Park, Western Australia - (c) 2007

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Malaria - Amahoro Gathering Day 2

Day 2 of the gathering has been a write-off for me. For the last few days I have been sweating profusely and feeling a little off colour. Yesteday morning I awoke with fever and dizziness. It turns out I have contracted malaria.

I spent the day in bed and was given a treatment by a local doctor which I had heard about while still in Australia. It's contains a substance called artemisinin which is a powerful anti-malarial, only recently discovered.

As a result today I am feeling much better, though very week and still feverish. I hope to attend the presentations and thus be able to report back here later on.

I have told my African friends that I have now been initiated and am an African now for real!

No comments: