Moved Mountains

Banner - Mt Trio, Stirling Range National Park, Western Australia - (c) 2007

Monday, May 19, 2008

The Joy of Worship

Well, we're here! The journey was long and tiring. Cramped seats, long waits at airports, but in the end it's good to be back in the “land of a thousand hills”.


Yesterday we worshipped with the Christians on the mountain. I was struck again by the joy these gentle people exude in their worship. The dancing and singing and hugging.

I always feel we are somehow missing something in our sedate services - yet I know culturally, it would be difficult to feel comfortable worshipping at home in Australia in the way of the Africans.

I think the picture (above) captures the joy and enthusiasm of yesterday’s service.

We have just arrived at the La Palisse hotel for this years Amahoro gathering. I am going to try and take notes during the sessions and post blogs. I am full of expectation - the focus of the conference is reconciliation. A tough, personally challenging topic. But I can't think of a better place to be discussing such a thing - Rwanda!

See you soon.

No comments: