Moved Mountains

Banner - Mt Trio, Stirling Range National Park, Western Australia - (c) 2007

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Dealing with Anonymity - A comment on commenting!

Imagine going to a party where everyone wore a paper bag on their head and all wore exactly the same clothing. You strike up a conversation with one person, are momentarily distracted and turn back to resume the conversation, only to realise after a second or two that you are not talking to the same person!

In the last few days this seems to be happening to me, right here on this blog! A number of comments have appeared on posts under the name of "Anonymous". While I get why Blogger have included this option in the commenting mechanics, it actually (from this blog writers POV) makes it difficult to easily participate in ongoing conversations. Simply put, I don't know if I am talking to the same person, or different people. The only thing I have to go on is the style in which the comment is written, but even this can be deceptive.

So ... please, if you are an anonymous poster to this blog, consider making up a nickname (you can still be anonymous) and using this when you post a comment. That way it will be clear, to me at least, who I am talking to, making it easier to continue ongoing conversations and discussions.

Keep the comments coming!

No comments: