Moved Mountains

Banner - Mt Trio, Stirling Range National Park, Western Australia - (c) 2007

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The start of something new

Today is a special day.

I was called to a meeting with our state manager today, a meeting I had been half expecting for about a month now.

I was told that the community services program I run had not been refunded and as such was being shelved. As a result my position was being made redundant.

In just over three weeks I will finish three and a half of the most amazing years of my working life. In this time I have been privileged to work with more than 50 young men, struggling to find their way in the world and have met and built friendships with work colleagues that, I hope, will last a lifetime.

Kick Start has taught me loads - about people, about leading, about management, about God and the way he works in people and through people and through situations. About belonging and loving the unlovable and making the world a better place. About living incarnationally and being the church.

If anyone has any work going (about 2 days per week would be good), don't hesitate to drop me a line! :)

No comments: